Located on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, this plaque commemorates the sinking of the S.S. Adela in December 1917.
It was unveiled on 30th September 2017 by the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Michael Mac Donncha.
The S.S. (steamship) Adela was built in Glasgow for Tedcastle McCormick & Co. Ltd, her home berth being Sir John Rogerson’s Quay.
Serving the Dublin-Liverpool route, the Adela was sunk by a torpedo from the German U-Boat U-100 on 27th December 1917. Twenty-four lives were lost.