Categories
list

Father Mathew Park

Located off Philipsburgh Avenue, this plaque commemorates the location of the training grounds used by the Irish Citizen Army and the Volunteers in the period leading up to the Rising.

Locate this plaque on Google maps.

It is one of several plaques erected during the 1916 Centenary year to mark the garrison sites around the city, and to honour those who fought and died during the Rising.

The plaque was unveiled on 14th December, 2016.